![]() |
| Game day jersey always bring the memories back. |
As I grab the cold silver handle to the gym door I hear the fans screaming and the bleachers bouncing, the fresh smell of cooked popcorn fills the air. I hear a loud boom boom boom, realizing that it was my heart pounding in anticipation for the game. The taste of salt passes by my lips, the taste of determination and competitive edge to dominate the next 32 minutes of that first basketball game of the year.
Basketball is like air, I need it to live, that is why my obsession is with basketball, not only the sport but the life style that comes with playing the sport. Basketball is a tattoo permanently embedded on my heart, the sport that has opened my eyes to opportunities that every kid would kill for, and the experience of a lifetime. Life is a basketball game, you win some and you lose some but you never quit trying. Basketball is a obsession that not only I have but my family has also, the sport that I grew up with is the sport that I become to love and need in my life. The love for the game has taught me many life lessons, and it is only naturally to be obsessed with the one that that motivated you to be the best person you can be. The life of a basketball player is not always easy, but it does have its perks, the feeling that some one knows who you are is one of the best feelings in the world that basketball has provided for me.

I like how you used the 5 senses in your first paragraph. I think you could have more metaphors. but i really like your metaphor "life is a basketball game."
ReplyDeleteYou showed a lot of emotion and feeling i liked it a lot. There wasn't enough metaphors and similes in there. I like how you compared basketball to air.
ReplyDeleteI like your obsession. It is definitely a part of you! :) I can relate a lot to this with swimming. Also you have a very cool picture above!
ReplyDeleteNice job on your descriptive post on your obsession with basketball. I liked your simile that basketball is like air. There are a couple of problems with your mechanics, mostly punctuation.
ReplyDelete